What is your current marketing strategy? Are you trying to be the loudest? Do you focus solely on the benefits of your products or services? Do you follow the same basic marketing principles you've relied on for years? If you answered yes, it's time for a change.
There has been a shift in how marketing and advertising are utilized by the public. In the past, brands have been able to effectively distribute advertisements promoting their products, services or sales. It was a one way street, and consumers were the final destination. This is no longer true. Technology allows customers to actively seek information and details about brands they are interested in. They are able to share reviews and ask for recommendations from other customers. The public expects a level of interaction with brands, long before a purchase is actually made.
What does this mean for brands? They have to shift their traditional marketing strategies. Instead of simply peddling your products and services you need an advertising campaign that adds value to your customers' lives.
In today's world, it's simply not enough to blast your audience with in-your-face facts about how great your brand is. It is important to take a step back from the blatant advertising methods of the past, and discover new ways to reach your customers. You have to add value to your marketing campaign. You have to connect with, educate and amuse your audience. While it sounds complicated, Tiger Leasing has put together some simple ideas to help you with those first steps to taking your marketing plan to the next level.
- Offer a free sample - This lets your customers and potential customers try out your products or services and it demonstrates your belief in your brand.
- Create a loyalty incentive system - Recognize and reward those that are loyal to your brand.
- Get online - Create a Facebook page, a Blog or a LinkedIn account. People are interacting with brands online every day, don't get left behind!
- Offer classes or resources - Help the public use your product better. Do you manufacture and sell kitchen appliances? Host a cooking class! Are you a personal injury law firm? Create a resource on what to do if you've been in a car accident. Are you a medical office? Host a seminar on how to stay healthy this season.
- Donate to a good cause - Get your brand name out there for other reasons than sales or marketing purposes. Invest in your community or industry.
- Establish yourself as an industry resource - Create a Blog and offer information and tips for your customers. Provide information and tips on how to best use your products.
- Create an experience - When you interact with your customers, give them something to remember, and talk about. Focus on what you can do for them, don't just highlight your products and services. For example, here at Tiger Leasing we took our Business Equipment Network (BEN) and put it on Facebook for equipment vendors and lessees to interact in ways like never before. This created a casual environment to learn about leasing opportunities and strike business deals.
Labels: Business Tips