2011 is here, and brings along with it a sense of promise and endless possibilities. Last week, we gave you some ideas on how to improve your business in the New Year. This week, we'd like to focus on improving your life and relationships in 2011. Take the time to sit back and evaluate your relationships, with yourself, your family and friends and even your co-workers and customers. Here are some great tips to consider and ideas for setting and achieving your goals in 2011.
- Get in touch with your intentions. In 2011, make it a point to have a clear cut purpose. Outline your aspirations and goals and make a realistic plan to reach them. How many New Year's Resolutions are lost because people don't understand the difference between thinking and planning and actually DOING? Write down both your personal and professional goals. Having your objective on paper will make it harder to ignore. Share your ambitions with family, friends and co-workers. Build your relationships by letting other people know about your plans and let them help you achieve them!
- Give your goals center stage. Once you've established (and written down!) your goals for 2011, let them have the spotlight. Give your dreams your full attention and get passionate about your plans. Whether your goal is to spend more time with your family or to quit smoking, you have to stay motivated and resolute. Let yourself focus on your goals, make them the focal point. Even if it's just for 5 minutes a day, take the time to remember why your goals are important to you. Never forget where your ambition comes from, and stay dedicated and enthusiastic.
- Never underestimate how powerful you are. Second guessing yourself and questioning your abilities won't do you any good. Life is full of ups and downs, but you and you alone are in the driver's seat. Use your strengths to overcome obstacles, sometimes you'll have to get creative, but you can succeed. Let other people help you. Some of the most powerful assets in your life are your family, friends and coworkers. When things get tough, always remember that you are strong and resourceful. Don't give up on yourself.
- Don't afraid to be pushy, with yourself and others. Patience and dedication are vital to achieving long term goals. When things get tough, think of it as a test. Are you going to give up or push through? Push yourself and prove that you really are committed to reaching your goals. Don't let others' indifference or self-interest stand in your way. When you're standing up for yourself or what's right, you may need to be assertive. These are your goals, you're the one that has to see them through.
- Stay calm and flexible. 2011 has just started. Keep calm as you work towards achieving your dreams and take heart in the fact that goals can and do change. You have 12 months until 2012 and by the end of the year your life may be totally different than it is right now. Let your dreams adapt but continue to work towards a better life, both personally and professionally. Stay committed to improving yourself, your relationships and your life. But, don't get so focused on one specific goal that you let the rest of your life pass you by.
Setting goals and making plans is important and now is the perfect time to start strategizing on how to make 2011 the best year ever! Focus on yourself, your life and your relationships and make the changes necessary to improve your life. Whether you are making goals for your personal life or your professional life, stay motivated. Take the time to appreciate your successes and don't get too hung up on your disappointments. Make the most of the New Year and we hope 2011 brings great success and joy to all of our customers and loyal readers!