October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and in honor of this, Tiger Leasing would like to call attention to this worthy cause. Use this opportunity to give back to your community with your co-workers and employees. Educate yourself and others on breast cancer and make the most of this October.
According to breastcancer.org, 12% of women in the US will develop invasive breast cancer at some point in their lives. That's 1 in 8 American women. Less prevalent in men, breast cancer does still afflict the male gender. It was predicted that roughly 1,970 new cases of invasive breast cancer would be diagnosed in men in 2010. Though gender and age are common risk factors, breast cancer is a disease that affects us all.
Chances are, at least one of the people you work side by side with have been affected by breast cancer. Whether they personally battled the disease or know someone who has, the prevalence of breast cancer is undeniable. Tiger Leasing has put together some ideas for how you can show your support during Breast Cancer Awareness Month:
- Sign up for a local Race for the Cure or Relay for Life with your co-workers and their families.
- Distribute information and news about the disease; the more informed we all are, the easier it is to fight the disease.
- Organize a Bake Sale for the office, donating proceeds to a charity benefiting breast cancer awareness.
- Declare a Pink Day, and ask your teammates and employees to wear something pink. Make sure they have the information they need to raise awareness when others ask about their bright apparel!
- Put together a benefit potluck for lunch. Ask everyone to bring a dish and accept donations to benefit breast cancer research. This could get the discussion started; you may discover even more ways your team can work together to raise awareness for Breast Cancer Awareness Month and beyond.
- Write an article for your corporate newsletter or Blog. Get the facts and share the information on a wider scale with your whole company!
- Hold a raffle, with all proceeds benefiting breast cancer research and awareness.
- Supply your office with pink ribbons, so people can wear their support day in and day out.
Though October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, there are many opportunities for you to raise awareness and show your support throughout the year. Make a point to show your concern and appreciation by taking the time to take a stand. Whatever issues are closest to your heart, give back to your employees, co-workers and community by organizing office events that bring people together for a good cause.