Selecting a New Year's resolution and trying to maintain it for an entire year can be a daunting task. According to a study by the University of Scranton, of the 317 million adults in the United States, about 45% attempt following some sort of New Year’s resolution, and only about 13% actually continue on with it throughout the entire year. In order to increase your chances of sticking to your New Year’s resolution, the team at Tiger Leasing has developed a list of useful techniques for success.
- Try it out to see if it's the right thing for you
- Make sure your resolution is plausible before jumping into it.
- Take it one step at a time, and don’t over-indulge
- Don't set your expectations too high. Change one small thing at a time to make it a slow, comfortable process.
- Find someone to hold you accountable
- The best way to make sure that you're sticking to what you promised to do is to have someone else keep you on track: just make sure it’s someone dependable.
- Stay positive
- There's no need to get upset with yourself for not doing as well as you thought you would. By simply attempting your New Year's resolution, you're already on the right track!
- Find your support system and utilize it
- Post your New Year's resolution on Social Media sites to generate a support system and let everyone know about your progress along the way!
- Reward achievements, whether big or small
- Keep the motivation going by rewarding yourself for your hard work, even if it seems small in the grand scope of things.
- Know the core reasons for why you’re making the change
- Where do you want to be at the end of your New Year's resolution journey, and how is it going to affect your life? These questions are important to answer.
We know that you can maintain your New Year’s resolution; it just takes a lot of effort. Are there other tactics that you use to stay motivated and determined to accomplish your New Year's resolution? Let us know in a comment, on our Facebook page, Google+ page or Twitter!
Labels: Life is Fun