The telecommunications industry is made up of many different parts including software, hardware, provider services, wireless networks and a host of other elements. Finding your business’s potential amidst the almost limitless opportunities can be difficult. Can and should your company go wireless?
According to the NC Department of Health and Human Services, common advantages of telecommuting include the following:
- Improved work and family balance
- Reduced stress
- Increased morale and job satisfaction
- Increased employee retention
- Decreases absenteeism
- Increased employee performance
- Positive recruitment tool
Entrepreneur magazine explains that telecommuting is effective because it “alleviates more stress than it creates,” citing a study conducted by the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Going wireless and having employees telecommuting from home can give your business a competitive edge and boost internal morale. So how can you make it happen?
Implementing a telecommuting program can provide many benefits only if executed properly. Following best practices like these can help increase the rate of success in your organization:
- Identify telecommuting benefits specific to your company
- Identify changes needed for telecommuting success
- Create necessary documents including a telecommuting policy and telecommuting request form for employees
- Clearly communicate your organization’s expectations
- Ensure regular training, feedback and program evaluation
- Promote strong communication between employees
- Investigate important legal topics associated with telecommuting
- Incorporate in-person activities as a supplement
- Stick to your established rules and update your telecommuting policy when needed
- Work with an expert when transitioning software and hardware
- Make technology documents and resources easily accessible to employees
Now that a successful program is in sight, is your company ready to take the leap with telecommuting? A leasing program can serve as an affordable way to invest in a productivity-boosting telecommunications system. Learn more about the programs Tiger Leasing has to offer and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn.